By Betty L. Gahart RN, Adrienne R. Nazareno PharmD
The number one IV drug instruction manual for forty years, Intravenous medicines: A instruction manual for Nurses and wellbeing and fitness Professionals is depended on for its accuracy and entire insurance. even if you wish the transportable print model or the handy digital layout, this new version presents crucial facts on administering greater than 350 intravenous (IV) medicinal drugs, entries for brand spanking new IV medicinal drugs lately licensed via the FDA, hundreds of thousands of latest drug proof, a close index of wide-spread and exchange names and extra - all alphabetically geared up that will help you locate drug info speedy and easily.
- UNIQUE! released every year to make sure you have crucial info at the so much lately authorized IV medicines in addition to up to date info on latest drugs.
- UNIQUE! comprises thorough assurance of greater than 350 IV medicines - giving you excess of the other related handbook.
- UNIQUE! Time-tested web page format keep all dosage details for every drug on both a unmarried web page or a two-page unfold to avoid hand illness by way of having to show a page.
- Consistent, easy-to-use layout provides all of the crucial scientific info you wish on IV drug administration.
- Lists IV medicinal drugs alphabetically via widely used identify for quickly scientific reference.
- Updated IV drug dilution and dosage charts inside of monographs provide easy accessibility to crucial information.
- Special sections highlight dosage variances for geriatric, pediatric, toddler, and neonatal patients.
- Black field Warnings, screening, and highlighting make finding key details speedy and easy.
- Printed thumb tabs help you discover details faster.
"A significant other web site at http://evolve.elsevier.com/IVMeds/ presents indicators, monographs for chosen brokers now not integrated within the booklet, a step by step educational for calculating IV drug dosages, IV drug dosage calculators, interactive IV drug dosage examples, printable basic dilution and resolution compatibility charts, and more."
- NEW! 4 new drug monographs provide you with present, clinically correct drug info for brand new IV medications lately licensed by way of the FDA.
- NEW! up-to-date drug monographs reflect the most recent adjustments in IV drug therapy.
Read or Download 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e PDF
Similar nursing books
The scope of occupational healthiness nursing perform has increased and brought on a number of roles, giving upward push to possibilities for nurses to deal with staff in a variety of office settings. necessities for Occupational healthiness Nursing offers a hugely sensible and obtainable consultant for nurses coming into and already engaged during this very important box.
This e-book fills an enormous area of interest available in the market delivering useful professional recommendation on provider person (patients, carers and the general public) involvement in nursing and healthcare study. a useful consultant for an individual operating or interested by nursing and healthcare examine, this booklet presents a step by step consultant to the rules and technique of involvement, together with knowing the reason for involvement, designing involvement, operating with provider clients, and comparing what has been completed.
Many practitioners inside healthiness and social care come into touch with individuals with highbrow disabilities and need to paintings in ways in which are necessary to them by way of making moderate changes that allows you to meet consumers’ wishes and expectancies. but the health of individuals with studying disabilities is still a overlooked quarter, the place pointless agony and untimely deaths proceed to succeed.
This ebook deals an entire, sensible advisor to doing a thorough longitudinal research with members, dyads, or teams. It presents the instruments for learning social, mental, and physiological tactics in daily contexts, utilizing tools akin to diary and event sampling. a number of enticing, worked-through study examples with datasets are featured.
- MIDWIFERY PRACTICE: Core Topics 2
- Nursing Informatics: Where Caring and Technology Meet
- Math for Nurses: A Pocket Guide to Dosage Calculation and Drug Preparation
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Trauma: Culture, Meaning and Philosophy
Extra info for 2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e
Storage: Refrigerate before use. Do not freeze. Check expiration date on vial. Contains no preservative; discard any unused portion. COMPATIBILITY Consider any drug NOT listed as compatible to be INCOMPATIBLE until consulting a pharmacist; specific conditions may apply. According to the manufacturer, no incompatibilities have been shown with IV fluids or commonly used cardiovascular drugs; however, administration through a separate IV line and not mixing with other medications is recommended.
After symptoms subside, the infusion may be carefully resumed. If S/S of hypersensitivity recur, discontinue infusion permanently and consider alternate treatments. Contact Poison Control Center for possible treatment alternatives. 6 USUAL DOSE In all situations for adults, adolescents, children, and neonates, do not exceed a maximum dose of 20 mg/kg every 8 hours. Adults and adolescents (12 years of age and older): Herpes simplex infections; Mucosal and cutaneous HSV infections in immunocompromised patients: ï»¿ï»¿5 mg/kg of body weight every 8 hours for 7 days.
DILUTION Available in a single-use vial containing 1,000 mg/100 mL (10 mg/mL) of acetaminophen. For adults and adolescent patients weighing 50 kg or more requiring a 1,000-mg dose, administer the dose by inserting a vented intravenous set through the septum of the 100-mL vial. Doses less than 1,000 mg should be withdrawn from the vial and placed into a separate empty container before administration to avoid inadvertent administration of an overdose. , syringe, glass bottle, plastic intravenous container) for intravenous infusion.
2014 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals, 30e by Betty L. Gahart RN, Adrienne R. Nazareno PharmD